Rother Valley Croquet Club Newsletter May 2016.
This newsletter is in several sections:-
1. One or two routine details. If the padlock seems stiff try to press the hasp in so there is less pressure on the internal springs when spinning the numbers to open it, please remember after closing to scramble the numbers again.
2. There will be a work party Thursday 2nd June 10.00am start please come if you can, if not perhaps spare some time before playing, at present there are a number of edges to cut!
3. The enormous chart encouraging every member to play every other person during May is still looking rather empty please try to fit in one or two more matches before the end of the month.
4. The ladders for Golf & Association Croquet are set up please challenge the player one or two places above your name.
5. Many thanks to Chris Constable for planning the internal club tournaments. The agreed plan for fixing a suitable date for play is that the first person or pair in doubles offers two or three possible dates to the opposition, hopefully one is possible ,if not the opponents suggest others ,since it is early in the season it should be possible to come to some agreement. The dates by which matches should be completed are on the notice boards.
6. Most players aiming to take part in fixtures with other clubs will have heard that the Croquet Association has issued new handicap cards this season with changed trigger points, most club members have received theirs but if you have not please contact Jill Mayes ( Golf ) Katharine Minchin, or Nancy Allen ( Assn )
7. A reminder that Monday afternoons are set aside for coaching and practice, although most weeks one or more of the club coaches will be present it is not possible every week. Should someone need particular help all the coaches are happy to hear about it and arrange a coaching time.
Now for an interesting event in June!
By now there should be posters everywhere advertising National Croquet Day. All clubs are asked to participate Our committee has decided to open the club to visitors from 10.00am – 5.00pm thinking of the day in three sections; 10.00am -
When is National Croquet Day? SUNDAY 5th JUNE at Rother Valley CC & many other clubs
There will be sign up sheets in the Club House for volunteers. Sue Russell Flint has started the list coming at 10.00 with her delicious Brownies every kind of cake will be welcome please.
Other forthcoming events:
Saturday 11th June -
Saturday 18th June -
Sunday 26th June -
The warm weather is coming enjoy your croquet.